Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deceased
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:28 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 31st Aug 2018 at 7:48 PM.
Default MODLuvalZAP (No Fade Util)
This is a quick 'n dirty .Net program (Windows only) which will overwrite the U1-U5 values in a MODL file with zeros. I'm not at all sure this is a smart thing to do for all the models in the game, but it was requested by a few users on Discord and I had a util lying around that I could repurpose for this. I figured I'd put it up here as well as I was told many folks would appreciate it.

Nabob052 created a couple of tutorials (attached) on using this to create No Fade mods using Sims 4 Studio, thanks!!

The program does not process a package file, to use it extract all the MODL resources you wish to zap into a folder. Drag and drop the files from Windows explorer to the box indicated on the program and it will patch all files dragged to it (NO backup IS MADE!) Then import those modified MODLs into a package and you're ready to go.

I take no responsibility for it messing up the models in the game, but it does accurately zap those U1-U5 fields, and very fast as well. I exported over 6000 MODLs from the ClientDeltaBuild0 and it was able to process those in about 10 or 15 seconds (will vary widely depending on the speed of your system and hard drive). It took vastly more time to export and import all those model files. After loading those modified models into my game everything seemed to run fine, and all the trees and so forth would no longer fade on approaching them. Of course, there may be other things that are affected for some models as those are undocumented fields and as I said I'm not all sure this is a smart thing to be doing

Technically it works by seeking for the "MODL" string in the files, seeking ahead an additional 32 bytes from there to where the U1-U5 fields are stored and overwriting those 20 bytes with 0x00. Simple.

Feel free to create an end-user mod using this utility, but if you do so please credit me!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MODLuvalZAP.rar (7.5 KB, 736 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  MODLuvalZAP Tutorials (Nabob052).rar (635.1 KB, 421 downloads) - View custom content
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:30 PM Last edited by nabob052 : 16th Sep 2018 at 1:34 PM.
(Two additions I forgot to mention in the tutorials is that you can throw away all the packages you have to create to get each model file after in the object override method and that you can also select all the exported model binary files with CTRL A and drop them all at once onto the exe to convert.)

I tested all 4 seasons and saw no issues converting all 14,000+ model files in my game to no fade.