Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#26 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:27 PM
It's very hard to completely resolve hair transparency issues. The only way I know to do it for the part in the hair is to copy part of the mesh at the top of the hair to make a new mesh part, set the shader to simskin, and add it to the hair. I'm not sure that would work with this mesh but if you want to try there's a more detailed explanation and example in step 8 of this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=582345

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:58 PM
Default It worked
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's very hard to completely resolve hair transparency issues. The only way I know to do it for the part in the hair is to copy part of the mesh at the top of the hair to make a new mesh part, set the shader to simskin, and add it to the hair. I'm not sure that would work with this mesh but if you want to try there's a more detailed explanation and example in step 8 of this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=582345

Yes, that worked very well Thank you :*
Well, I think the mesh is ok. Can you see it?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis Gel TS2 Conversion.rar (268.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#28 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:14 AM
Yes, the black color looks great! Congratulations!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 6:24 AM
I've come back xD
Yes, the black color looks great! Congratulations!

Hello Cmar, After one year, i have some of time and i want to convert the hair again, so, i've made again the gel hair (because i didn't like the final result) and i have a question, how do i fix the color skin arround the hair? It's look more light (I am using SimSkin, i didn't liked to see "floating" hair with SimGlass)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis Gel TS2 Conversion.rar (2.27 MB, 2 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#30 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 5:19 PM
If you look at the uv0, the hair texture is inside the map and doesn't cover the edges. Those edges then show the skin in that hair area of the skin color, which does not match the skin around the scalp. In an EA TS4 short hair like this, the uv is mapped around the face so the skin color matches.

To fix it, you'll have to either unwrap it to make a better uv0, remesh it so any edges that show skin color are inside the head and neck, and/or shrink the uv0 so it's inside the colored part of the hair texture.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:48 PM
If you look at the uv0, the hair texture is inside the map and doesn't cover the edges. Those edges then show the skin in that hair area of the skin color, which does not match the skin around the scalp. In an EA TS4 short hair like this, the uv is mapped around the face so the skin color matches.

To fix it, you'll have to either unwrap it to make a better uv0, remesh it so any edges that show skin color are inside the head and neck, and/or shrink the uv0 so it's inside the colored part of the hair texture.

Ok, I understand and I think that is hard... :S There are some tutorial of that? Someone that has done that?
And Cmar, How to transform the texture and the mesh as it is in the image EAhairUV.jpg?
On the other hand, how to link a child hair package with an adult hair package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#32 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivan014679
Ok, I understand and I think that is hard... :S There are some tutorial of that? Someone that has done that?
And Cmar, How to transform the texture and the mesh as it is in the image EAhairUV.jpg?
On the other hand, how to link a child hair package with an adult hair package?

Yes, it's not easy. I can't seem to find a tutorial on unwrapping uv0 for hair. I'm away from home now but will take another look after Christmas.

What do you mean by linking a child hair with an adult hair?

Page 2 of 2