Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:59 AM
Default Deleted Custom Content Still Showing in the Sims 4
I tried to post this in the Help section, but for some odd reason it wasn't letting me, so I will ask this here as I haven't been able to find an answer.

I have downloaded, installed, and checked some custom content. Some of the custom content wasn't up to my standards (I didn't not place it, and if I did, I deleted it first). I then exited the game, found the packages I wanted to delete, I deleted them. I cleared the cache from both Sims 4 and Origin.

And Alas, the same custom content that I deleted is still showing in the game.

These are the instructions I used in deleting the non-wanted custom content:

The following files are cache files that can be deleted safely and that will help with troubleshooting.
- localthumbcache.package - Delete this from time to time and also if you add/remove mods.
- cache - Only has content while the game is running. You can safely delete any content. Only used for gallery preview pictures now.
- cachewebkit - Only exists when the game is running. If it stays behind because of a crash, you can delete
- lastcrash.txt and lastexception.txt (and variations of those) - These files log errors that occur in your game. They can give you some indication but especially the lastcrash.txt ones are mostly gibberish. I recommend deleting those but you constantly get them, they are a good indication what the issue might be. There are several people at several forums/discords that can help you with those. The ones with numbers are usually older and can be safely deleted.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mcarchus
I tried to post this in the Help section, but for some odd reason it wasn't letting me, so I will ask this here as I haven't been able to find an answer.

I have downloaded, installed, and checked some custom content. Some of the custom content wasn't up to my standards (I didn't not place it, and if I did, I deleted it first). I then exited the game, found the packages I wanted to delete, I deleted them. I cleared the cache from both Sims 4 and Origin.

And Alas, the same custom content that I deleted is still showing in the game.

These are the instructions I used in deleting the non-wanted custom content:

The following files are cache files that can be deleted safely and that will help with troubleshooting.
- localthumbcache.package - Delete this from time to time and also if you add/remove mods.
- cache - Only has content while the game is running. You can safely delete any content. Only used for gallery preview pictures now.
- cachewebkit - Only exists when the game is running. If it stays behind because of a crash, you can delete
- lastcrash.txt and lastexception.txt (and variations of those) - These files log errors that occur in your game. They can give you some indication but especially the lastcrash.txt ones are mostly gibberish. I recommend deleting those but you constantly get them, they are a good indication what the issue might be. There are several people at several forums/discords that can help you with those. The ones with numbers are usually older and can be safely deleted.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

are you sure its deleted? maybe you have the same package repeated but with a different name or merged with other package. clear example some items comes one item one package others creators merge several creations into a single package (specially if they share some texture)
other than that no idea why if you delete the package you still get it. check if the mod/mesh/object has not an extra script file that might be showing itself as item even if a poackage is missing.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:09 PM
You can use Tray Importer to identify the leftover CC. Basically you just have to put the CC onto sim, save, switch to Tray Importer, check the CC tab, open file location and delete the culprit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
are you sure its deleted? maybe you have the same package repeated but with a different name or merged with other package. clear example some items comes one item one package others creators merge several creations into a single package (specially if they share some texture)
other than that no idea why if you delete the package you still get it. check if the mod/mesh/object has not an extra script file that might be showing itself as item even if a poackage is missing.

I am usually pretty good with duplicate packages. I am also sure the 96+ packages I deleted didn't all have duplicates.

Quote: Originally posted by GrumpySuzy
You can use Tray Importer to identify the leftover CC. Basically you just have to put the CC onto sim, save, switch to Tray Importer, check the CC tab, open file location and delete the culprit.

That works for CAS. I should have specified that these are objects in Build/Buy.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mcarchus
That works for CAS. I should have specified that these are objects in Build/Buy.

The same method works if you save a room with all the unwanted CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:36 AM
I'll give that a try and post the results. Thank you!