Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:24 PM Last edited by Disspleased : 30th Mar 2019 at 4:48 AM. Reason: new NEW link lol
Default Sims 3 Maxis Match CAS Masterlist
EDIT: As of October 11, 2018, the link below is now defunct. Please use this one (http://modthesims.info/t/619834)

Hi MTS! I made a tumblr post on my new tumblr about what kind of Maxis Match CC I recommend for anyone starting with Sims 3 and thinking, "OMG why do TS2 and TS4 have maxis-match CC but little to none for TS3?!!" So, I compiled what I use in my game (I <3 Maxis Match and TS3) and they are all mostly matte. I would love some feedback on my list. These are my preferences, so give some suggestions. (Make sure they are matte)

Here is the post: https://diceplease.tumblr.com/post/...edcas-resources

Thank you all! <3
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:32 PM
Simplex Sims converts things to Teen and Elder which has been really helpful in padding out those stages.

Kent Conversions also does those as well as some child conversions. I especially love his conversion of the store's free PE set for the teens and children. It's neat to have teenage boys jogging around wearing American football uniforms.

Pixicat has amazing shoes, but they don't quite match. I find it's best to give them a snakeskin or leather texture as most Maxis stuff has that thick plastic-y look and her stuff is bright and smooth.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:25 PM
There's a great lack of TS3 Maxis Match content and 4t3 conversions. I don't know why, but I'm already finding some things on your list that I wasn't aware of. Thanks a lot.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:04 AM
Added! I'm also discovering some new creators, thanks! Oh, and by the way, @GrijzePilion, I hear you're making a series (Bridgeport'88), but then I hear you're saying you have 20 FPS on Sims (reshade,ambient occlusion, mods, blah blah blah.) How are you making the framerate watchable for the audience?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:36 AM
Well I have a number of ways to make or keep the framerate tolerable, but to be honest it'll never be silky smooth. It's not going to be silky smooth without customizations either, because I prefer detail over pure functionality, but I can offer a reasonably stable 25 FPS. It's what you're used to watching TV shows and movies, and if it's good enough for me and the entire entertainment industry, it's good enough for my audience.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Bump. Any more s3mm creators? I'd love to add them into my masterlist.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:48 PM
There should be more, dammit. I see you haven't added AroundTheSims though, and I'd say her stuff definitely counts.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
I've heard of her, but her website was kind of confusing for me to navigate LOL but ok, i'll add her
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:29 PM
She's honestly one of the nicest, most consistent, and most inventive creators for TS3.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
She's honestly one of the nicest, most consistent, and most inventive creators for TS3.

And TS1, TS2 and TS4. :lovestruc
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Disspleased
I've heard of her, but her website was kind of confusing for me to navigate LOL but ok, i'll add her

Her furniture is amazing! I find her accessory leggings and accessory turtlenecks indispensable to my game.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
Yeah, but she doesn't do TS2 as much anymore, she stopped doing TS1 years ago, and she told me she prefers making stuff for TS3 over making stuff for TS4.
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Her furniture is amazing! I find her accessory leggings and accessory turtlenecks indispensable to my game.

She's also the only creator who regularly does 4t3 conversions and gameplay objects.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
she told me she prefers making stuff for TS3 over making stuff for TS4.

That's because of Sandy Valley.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:50 PM
sorry, haven't added yet, just too busy, will add in a while.
Theorist
#15 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
@Disspleased I checked out your Tumblr and followed you. Although I'm not strictly "maxi-match". I don't even know exactly what that is, LMAO. I just use what I like. And totally agree that Sandy at ATS3 is terrific.

If you like 4to3 conversions (although talk about mismatched aesthetics!), you should also check out http://kandiraver-sims.tumblr.com/.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:25 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:48 PM
I added all the others (except kandiraver, it's not cas, only furniture)
Sorry for no responses, I'm busy with school.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:48 PM
hiya, i'm very sorry for bumping, but this is my old account which i no longer have access to anymore. i have also changed my tumblr name, so the link is now: https://redandsims.tumblr.com/post/...edcas-resources
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:36 AM
can a moderator do me a favor and put the new link on the first post? thanks.
Scholar
#20 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Disspleased
Hi MTS! I made a tumblr post on my new tumblr about what kind of Maxis Match CC I recommend for anyone starting with Sims 3 and thinking, "OMG why do TS2 and TS4 have maxis-match CC but little to none for TS3?!!" So, I compiled what I use in my game (I <3 Maxis Match and TS3) and they are all mostly matte. I would love some feedback on my list. These are my preferences, so give some suggestions. (Make sure they are matte)

Here is the post: https://diceplease.tumblr.com/post/...edcas-resources

Thank you all! <3

This link is not working.
Scholar
#21 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
This link is not working.

A new link was posted two posts above yours.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 1:49 AM
I got it back. The first post is now updated with a proper link.