Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:34 PM
I did play around with Heath Ledger (R.I.P) and Jake Gyllenhaal "celebs" in my game however as their characters Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist from Brokeback Mountain. it was kinda like a "what if" scenario because of how that movie ended. I also have been playing with fictional characters from different TV-shows, games etc. because I just wanted to play with them. I don't see anything wrong with that tho. I had fun. I even tried my hands on making some Sims but that didn't go well because I suck at making Sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:37 PM
Oh, there is nothing wrong with playing with or without celebrities - it is just personal preferences.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:35 PM
Nope nope nope lol

I'm not especially fond of celebrities in real life, and I flatly don't like them in my sims game. I have however seen pretty sims made by other simmers that made me question my rule of never downloading what I can make myself. That's about as close as I get. I've also never made a sim self because it feels weird and awkward and I like my real life self enough to to 'play' her whenever I'm not simming >.< (I know everyone has different reasons for simselves in particular, these are simply my reasons. No judgement or aspersion on others.)

That said, if we're talking about playing sims as celebrities, I do that. I like for famous sims to have the same effect as a wish for beauty from the genie (everyone swooning and heart farting at them). I also have them work at film studios, and might make posters of a few (once I have some that I like). I'm also toying with an idea I got from another poster here - they made sim movies with 'famous' sims and then put them on their in-game TVs!

That might be a project beyond me, but we'll see. If I could make a working movie studio where I could have my sims 'act' then I would.

Edited to add: the Fan Zone Cones are an awesome mod for this too since you can set up a bunch of cheering fans for your sims anywhere.
Scholar
#29 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:55 PM
I did download sims based on the characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation (Captain Picard, Will Riker, Deanna Troi and Beverly Crusher), but I never played them in the end. I did use Deanna's haristyle on another sim though.

As for making them, I did make a (terrible) attempt a few years ago at a River Song sim. She never made it out of Bodyshop!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katlovet10
Do historical figures count? If so, I've made one or two, as jokes 'cause I was bored.
historical figures could count; if they are/were well known.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM
I think the closest I get to celebrities are Utaites -w-' which include myself in that mix? Though I am in the end of not having many followers -w-'
I'm not really fond of even have real people in my game as I do whatever pleases me from day to day...

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#32 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM
In my mind, certain sims are already celebrities.

Veronaville is sorta kinda Hollywood. The Capps are a famous movie family. Consort and Goneril are on the production side of things, Regan and Kent were child stars (Cordelia, too). The kids have all grown up on set, acting.

The current feud flare-up was caused by a fire on the set (you can watch the rerun on the cooking channel in game) of Cooking with Isabella. While Isabella Monty was saved from the flames, blame for the fire and the resulting deaths is still being thrown around by everyone. The Capps were exonerated legally for the fire, but that doesn't mean the Montys don't blame them, and the Capps blame the Montys for carelessness on the set that they believe caused the fire. The cause of the fire is officially undetermined.

All the sims who adore the Cooking Channel view the Montys as celebrities. All movie fans know the Capps. Which, of course, explains why Goneril is a little on the outs with her family: she didn't get movie pretty, and even though she got her dad's directing brilliance, she'd've liked to be on a few posters.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:51 AM
Well, yeah!

The celebrities often end up living an entirely different life, though. As just another peasant struggling with 20,000 simoleons and a low pay career.

I don't always even know who the celebrity is, I just hit the download because he looked like a nice chap.
Page 2 of 2