Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:13 PM Last edited by reminisims : 1st Jul 2017 at 8:23 PM. Reason: PROB SOLVED
Default [SOLVED]Clothes with alpha channel not showing correctly in game
Hi

I am currently converting an obj file to ts4, the obj texture has alpha channel. After I mapped UV, I managed to make alpha work in blender (image 1/2), however it doesn't appear to work in game (image 3/4), I am wondering what I have missed here.

Thank you for your attention.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:53 PM
Your second two pics are in Sims 4 Studio which may not preview mesh transparency well. Have you tried it in the game?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Your second two pics are in Sims 4 Studio which may not preview mesh transparency well. Have you tried it in the game?

Hi CmarNYC, it's the same in game as it in Sims 4 Studio.

I upload the file just so if you are interested to take a look.
http://simfileshare.net/download/267138/

Thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM
You need to set your mesh to shader SimGlass to enable transparency. However, TS4 does not do transparency well and when you do that you'll have some major issues as in the screenshots below, with parts appearing in front of other parts they're supposed to be behind. You can either mess with separating out the layers of the mesh and ordering them from inside to outside the same way as alpha hair, which will probably still have some problems, or IMO the best and easiest way is to separate the parts (necklace, arm thingies) that should have alpha transparency and put them in a separate mesh part with shader SimGlass while the main body is shader SimSkin. That way you could also get rid of the skintone parts you have in your texture so it would be adaptable to all skin colors.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You need to set your mesh to shader SimGlass to enable transparency. However, TS4 does not do transparency well and when you do that you'll have some major issues as in the screenshots below, with parts appearing in front of other parts they're supposed to be behind. You can either mess with separating out the layers of the mesh and ordering them from inside to outside the same way as alpha hair, which will probably still have some problems, or IMO the best and easiest way is to separate the parts (necklace, arm thingies) that should have alpha transparency and put them in a separate mesh part with shader SimGlass while the main body is shader SimSkin. That way you could also get rid of the skintone parts you have in your texture so it would be adaptable to all skin colors.

Thank you very much! I just finished chat with my friend, she was suggesting the same and spent hours showing me how to do it as I didn't have a clue on shader simglass/simskin.
Everything's sorted now, I just need to practice it on my own.
Thank you again and hope you have a good day/night.
And thank you for your screenshot, it's more obvious than words.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:38 PM
You're welcome! Glad you got more detailed help on how to do this from your friend.