Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:11 PM
Default Outfits linked to personality traits
Hello, there is a mod I've been wanting to create for a long long time.
A mod that would autonomously give a specific outfit to a townie according to its personality traits so the way they look match their personality. It would make our town more realistic if every
flirty sims would wear a sexy outfit for instance.

So I've been looking for a way to do that, and for starters when you click on a sim, the Master Controler has the "transfer clothing" interaction that allows you to choose the targets according to the trait they have. Also since it's posible to display a specific outfit on the pedestal from Into The Future for kids, teens, young adults, adults, elders, males and females, I'm looking for a way to make "the transfer clothing" interaction available for the pedestal and to make the mod repeat the "transfer clothing" action every simday.

I don't know if I'm being clear since english is not my mother tongue, but if anyone has a clue, or an interest for that project, any tips and advice are welcome =) .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:01 PM
Sounds like a really cool idea. I'm not sure how it would work, though, since Sims have five traits but can wear only one outfit at a time. There'd have to be certain trait combinations to make an outfit, I assume, and they'd also be the same for every Sim. If you also weighed in other factors that the game can pick up on, like age and gender preference, I think you could get quite far.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:48 PM
Well, as far as I've looked into it, I believe they're being controlled with 'simdescription'. Which is this small 'tool' or 'method' EA made to figure out whether the 'actor' or the sim is a female, or male. Maybe occult type even traits if I recall right! So if you're familiar with scripting I'd definitely checking out the simdescription thingy. I think it's something that NRaas uses as well. Can't say i'm entirely sure.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:54 AM
Wow very cool concept, you should however select only a few outfits and few traits, instead of giving every trait a unique outfit.
Start with just 3 traits and 3 outfits and then expand. Maybe use custom outfits for this instead of game outfits.
You should look at the Nraas dresser's code to get an idea on how to do it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:39 PM
And again, how do you create an outfit for every trait when a Sim has 5 traits? You'd need to determine an overall personality based on those 5 traits.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
And again, how do you create an outfit for every trait when a Sim has 5 traits? You'd need to determine an overall personality based on those 5 traits.

Some traits will be given more priority.
A sim can also have more than one outfit so we'll choose a different outfit for different traits.
Not every trait will be given an outfit only the really important ones like good, evil, flirty, geeky, athletic, the ones like supernatural skeptic, lucky, unlucky etc. Can be ignored.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well, as far as I've looked into it, I believe they're being controlled with 'simdescription'. Which is this small 'tool' or 'method' EA made to figure out whether the 'actor' or the sim is a female, or male. Maybe occult type even traits if I recall right! So if you're familiar with scripting I'd definitely checking out the simdescription thingy. I think it's something that NRaas uses as well. Can't say i'm entirely sure.

Thank you for your answer . I'm not familiar with scripting (yet) but since I really want this mod to be real (I've been repeating the "transfer outfit" action for my sim population forever in order for my game to look realistic). So I'll definitly look closer to "simdescription" thank you =)!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Wow very cool concept, you should however select only a few outfits and few traits, instead of giving every trait a unique outfit.
Start with just 3 traits and 3 outfits and then expand. Maybe use custom outfits for this instead of game outfits.
You should look at the Nraas dresser's code to get an idea on how to do it.

That's exaclty the idea, only some traits like flirty, slob, neat (etc...) have a specific outfit and since a sim can have up to five different traits, some have priority over others. I'll have a look at the dresser's code thank you .