Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
Why can we never be allowed to battle in the sims series?

Short answer? it would raise the ESRB rating above Tween
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:53 AM
IMO the last thing Sims needs is battles. There are tons of other choices for players who want that.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:09 AM
Honestly - and this may be an unpopular opinion - but I think the perfect Sims game would be The Sims 3, but less slow, with fewer bugs, and with the vacation destinations from The Sims 2. I remember the first week I played The Sims 3, I thought the core game was hands-down better than The Sims 2 and fell in love with it. I just bought The Sims 4 on Sunday, and I have very little of that enthusiasm.
Theorist
#30 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
Honestly - and this may be an unpopular opinion - but I think the perfect Sims game would be The Sims 3, but less slow, with fewer bugs, and with the vacation destinations from The Sims 2. I remember the first week I played The Sims 3, I thought the core game was hands-down better than The Sims 2 and fell in love with it. I just bought The Sims 4 on Sunday, and I have very little of that enthusiasm.

^ this + the toddlers from Sims 4
+ cribs, + sims 2 toddlers able to sneak out of them.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:10 AM
Hopefully you bought it on sale.
Theorist
#32 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
It's almost like a missing piece of the TS4 base game.

Of course it is, we all know EA's business model.
Theorist
#33 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:45 PM
And if you pre-order, Mona Lisa gets to wear a hat the shape of a cat!

Or maybe then she gets eyebrows

You know, something they thought was missing, that nobody asked for.

like a flaming rock-climbing treadmill
Instructor
#34 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 1:37 PM
I just hope The Sims 5 (if ever made) will be PBR and have official modding tools so I don't have to bother with ancient texture workflows and the awful tools that are Blender and The Sims 4 Studio. Don't get me wrong, I love what The Sims 4 Studio does, and I appreciate Blender's existance, but having to use them along with ancient programs (Milkshape anyone?) and workflows when the devs have all the freedom of using industry standard applications is just frustrating.

Where is our Sims SDK EA? The only reason I haven't bothered modeling for The Sims 4 is because of how awful everything is that needs to be done just to make something work in the game, including being forced to use Blender, Milkshape, and what have you. It's especially bad when you're spoiled by PBR workflows like those of Unreal Engine 4 that make 3D computer graphics and game design a breeze.

I should also mention that there's no solid, high quality tutorials for specific workflows for The Sims 4 either. It's a huge mess of poorly formulated instructions and 240p videos.

Yes I realize I'm asking for a lot, and yes I realize I'm being too harsh, but both The Sims 4 community and Maxis need to step up their game, because they're both years behind on game modifications and game design. Which is a real shame, given the awesome art style of The Sims 4. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying our community is behind on everything, and I get that it's because of Maxis' primitive ways.

/rant.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Theorist
#35 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
Medieval failed by restricting camera movement. Or so I was told, I never played.

No, Medieval failed because it didn't even give the player freedom to build a house. You can't even build a house!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#36 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
No, Medieval failed because it didn't even give the player freedom to build a house. You can't even build a house!

^ very much this.

Also children were unplayable.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:02 AM
My main beef with Medieval was having to start over each time. It was excellent in many ways, but that was a royal pain to me. Loved the graphics. Loved the music. Best grim IMO. But............
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
... a royal pain...
Nice pun

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:57 AM
As a TS3 fan and TS4 critic, I recommend getting the Parenthood game pack. It adds much needed depth to everyday gameplay even when you're not playing parent sims. Features like sack lunches, bulletin board notes, volunteering and journal writing are available to all sims. And the clutter is pretty cute.

It's almost like a missing piece of the TS4 base game.

Which is nothing new considering how Generations is pretty much the missing second half of the Sims 3 base game.
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 12:54 PM
I feel like they could reboot it like they do with their other games. 5 is a big number for a series anyway. They could try to appeal to a bigger audience going to the big stage and announcing... "The Sims". It could throw everything under the bus. ditch the potato PCs, creating a huge open world with amazing and realistic graphics, full customizability and slightly more mature themes. They could allow themselves to not follow common The Sims quirks, and how the game systems works to make the OG fans mad but capture everyone else that thought The Sims series was some bad game for kids or some conception like this. They could really make this stellar, AAA production like their other games (?) [comparatively speaking]. It's not impossible, they really have the money and habit of rebooting series. That's my dream at least. That and a competitor showing up... sigh...
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imkyo
appeal to a bigger audience

Appeal to a bigger audience? They've got everyone already. There aren't many more video gaming products in existence with a bigger audience.

The Sims is the 5th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 3 is the 10th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 2 is the 13th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 4 is the 16th best selling PC game of all time. There isn't anywhere to go. They are at the top. With numbers like these it is easy to see why they are not currently concerned with churning out a quality product but rather as long as they have some sort of product in the mainline franchise of 'The Sims' that will print money.
Theorist
#42 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollux111
The Sims is the 5th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 3 is the 10th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 2 is the 13th best selling PC game of all time. Sims 4 is the 16th best selling PC game of all time. There isn't anywhere to go. They are at the top.

Now I might not be the best at math, but the fact that the last number is the lowest, and the original is the highest shows that they do indeed need to go somewhere: Back to the drawing board.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Now I might not be the best at math, but the fact that the last number is the lowest, and the original is the highest shows that they do indeed need to go somewhere: Back to the drawing board.

The first one being on top doesn't surprise me as it was the first and something new and innovative.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Medieval failed b/c it really isn't a "sims" game as it is a read your own adventure with a sims engine.

I think a lot of what you say is true. And a heck of a lot of folks do about zero research before they buy something. Lots of folks expected a sandbox like other sims games even though as I recall EA never said it would be. They then were upset that it was not a typical sims game just done in a Medieval world/style, with Medieval dress and so on. EA created something that was different and some people did not like that as just wanted a version of Sims done in a different time period.
Theorist
#47 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:58 AM
And now instead of assessing their failures and learning from them, they have blamed us as consumers and decided the idea of a medieval sims has no merit and refuse to ever produce one. GDI. I want a f***ing medieval Sims game. THIS IS WHY I NEED CaSt GDI.
Page 2 of 2