Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing
Replies: 16745 (Who?), Viewed: 384210 times.
Page 670 of 670
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#16726 Old Yesterday at 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
What causes a baby to have a want to hire a gardener?

Gooseberry bush too prickly?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Alchemist
#16727 Old Yesterday at 12:47 AM
LOL simsample. I started a save in the empty version of Emerald Heights and created three CAS couples. After I used SimPE to give each family money to move into a house, the first couple had a baby. I generally used Merola's Mind Control mirror to check on the baby's needs, and the baby kept having a want to hire a gardener. It freaked me out so I got rid of the neighborhood. I don't know if something got corrupted (and loose data attached itself to the baby) or if something else happened.
Mad Poster
#16728 Old Yesterday at 12:51 AM
Most likely there just isn't an age limitation on that want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#16729 Old Yesterday at 1:02 AM
I can't use hobby lots in my neighborhood, it's a downloaded map and I made the lots and sims. I don't care much about those lots, but is that a sign my neighborhood is doomed? Has this ever happened to you guys?
Mad Poster
#16730 Old Yesterday at 1:16 AM
Are you using empty templates/suppressing the stealth hoods? That's where the hobby lots are, so if you suppress them, you don't have them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#16731 Old Yesterday at 3:03 AM
Can someone please help me understand objects.package for UC once and for all? Ok, so in the past, I thought I'd found the right objects.package in my program files, but then found that something I was trying to mod wasn't up to date. I did a bunch of research and realized I needed a different objects.package (this one found under Pets, I think), and I thought that was the "recent" one, but now I realize that something I want isn't there. I do see the object I want to extract in the objects.package in Freetime, but sheeeeeeeeesh, is there ONE objects.package in UC that contains all the objects so I can use it to find anything I need to extract or is it just a treasure hunt or what? How am I supposed to be doing this so it's not such a mystery to me?
Mad Poster
#16732 Old Yesterday at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
LOL simsample. I started a save in the empty version of Emerald Heights and created three CAS couples. After I used SimPE to give each family money to move into a house, the first couple had a baby. I generally used Merola's Mind Control mirror to check on the baby's needs, and the baby kept having a want to hire a gardener. It freaked me out so I got rid of the neighborhood. I don't know if something got corrupted (and loose data attached itself to the baby) or if something else happened.

I've had toddlers want to buy a tree before.
Scholar
#16733 Old Yesterday at 4:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I'm playing uni and one of the students has 2 of the required skills for that semester, but their bar is stuck in the lowest point, where they can't even pass. I ran the hack conflict detector and it says there's no problems. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

@sugoisama I agree with Peni Griffin in that you are likely looking at a cosmetic glitch that is not important, It has happened in my game a lot, however there is a mod that can help some and I use it when I am trying to figure out what sort of grade I can expect.

So If you are wondering what sort of grade a Sim at University is going to get go to Cyjon's web site and download his Debugger http://www.cyjon.net/node/148
It looks like a Pizza Box and with it you can check the Current Grade and the Expected Grade for a University Sim.

Otherwise if the sim's expected grade is low and you know that it is because you checked with the Pizza Box, make sure to have them Do a Term Paper and Do some Assignments.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#16734 Old Yesterday at 10:15 AM
I am having a problem with this Hair, Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly_black, problem is it won't appear on my Sims correctly {problem occurs also with other colours of this style as well}, I have the MESH_NoukShortAndCurly-AllAges file in the same folder that contains the colours. my folder is named "MTS_Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly" I am fairly certain that the complete folder Path is not too long. The other custom hairs in my subfolder of hairs show up like they are supposed to.

I made an arrow pointing to the way the hair looks in the catalog to help point to the right hair.

Please help me figure out what might be wrong and give me some suggestions as to how I can fix it. I don't have any other problem hairs that I know of.

Please keep in mind that I do Not play on a PC, so something that is specific to PCs is not useful to me.
Screenshots

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#16735 Old Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
I am having a problem with this Hair, Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly_black, problem is it won't appear on my Sims correctly {problem occurs also with other colours of this style as well}, I have the MESH_NoukShortAndCurly-AllAges file in the same folder that contains the colours. my folder is named "MTS_Artemida_NoukShortAndCurly" I am fairly certain that the complete folder Path is not too long. The other custom hairs in my subfolder of hairs show up like they are supposed to.

I made an arrow pointing to the way the hair looks in the catalog to help point to the right hair.

Please help me figure out what might be wrong and give me some suggestions as to how I can fix it. I don't have any other problem hairs that I know of.

Please keep in mind that I do Not play on a PC, so something that is specific to PCs is not useful to me.

Can you link the hair, so we can see if it shows up for us?
Mad Poster
#16736 Old Yesterday at 3:40 PM
That looks like a hair I've had for ages that works fine, and it's odd that machine language shows up instead of the game substituting a base game hair. If a file path is too long it just doesn't get read, right?

Just to be sure, you can test whether the file path is too long by taking the relevant files out and putting them directly into the downloads folder temporarily. If it's still a problem, then I'd suspect that the problem was damaged files and redownload.

Forum Resident
#16737 Old Yesterday at 3:53 PM Last edited by Sunrader : Yesterday at 8:08 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9

I had this, too. Under the second spoiler. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=hair
It was suggested that the texture was deleted but the mesh was still there. I had also added a CC mod that looked like a box of hair dye and when I deleted it, that fixed it.

NEW QUESTION:

None of my sims have college degrees, so... if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?
Forum Resident
#16738 Old Yesterday at 9:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?[/B]

I have questions, too. So I'm trying to start cleaning up my cc hairs and I'm realizing some of the files need to be cleaned up, but I don't know the proper terms to search for tutorials. 1. What's it called when the hair is linked to its related colors? In other words, for some hairs, when I have it selected and then switch to a different hair color, it'll show the same hair but in the different color. What's that called/is there a tutorial for that?

Next, for some hairs, I have different colors/textures--some are Maxis Match, other recolors are Pooklet or whatever (because you never know when you need a certain shade ). 2. How do I get them to show up next to each other in the bin? For some reason, some hairs are together and others are all over the place.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Scholar
#16739 Old Yesterday at 10:46 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Yesterday at 11:33 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
I had this, too. Under the second spoiler. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&highlight=hair
It was suggested that the texture was deleted but the mesh was still there. I had also added a CC mod that looked like a box of hair dye and when I deleted it, that fixed it.

NEW QUESTION:

None of my sims have college degrees, so... if a sim majors in something that is linked to a certain career, when they enter the career, do they enter at a higher level? If so, what level is it? If not, what is the benefit that linked majors give to the career?

I already stated that I had the texture file and the MESH. I listed their file names.

I remember the box of hair dye thing, I don't think I have it...however does anyone remember the name so that I can make sure easily?

@Sunrader
If you have a college degree and have graduated with highest honours, and you have the required friends and stats ie. Charisma, Body whatever you will start at level 9, if you didn't have highest honours, but you had honours the job level is less, but higher than if you didn't have the degree in that major {I don't recall exactly what level, I think it is at least level 7 though}

Alchemist
#16740 Old Yesterday at 10:48 PM
What's the window box thing called that acts like CCTV on lots?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#16741 Old Yesterday at 11:04 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Yesterday at 11:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Can you link the hair, so we can see if it shows up for us?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=581930

The Short and Curly One.

I think I might have figured out why I am having my problem, since I went to the download page to get the link and as I was thinking I might need to re-download it. I took time to read the description again {Reading the Description what a concept} I noticed that for the Short and Curly it states that it is slaved "slaved to the Nouk's Long Wavy Hair, so those recolours are REQUIRED", well I do have Nouk's own Long Wavy Hair "Nouk-LongWavyHair-DarkColorsMesh" with her MESH and her textures, but I am thinking maybe Artemida has The Short and Curly hair slaved to her version of Nouk's Long Wavy Hair Textures. Is that a likely explanation?

I try to always read the descriptions and I know what slaved means, but I guess that I thought if I had Nouk's own Long Wavy Hair that it would work. Was I wrong?

BTW thanks for everyone's suggestions, I hope that installing Artemida's version of the Long Way Hair textures will take care of the issue. I will let you all know.

Theorist
#16742 Old Yesterday at 11:25 PM
attached image was left over in the main Storytelling folder when the other base game pictures were move to their respective neighborhoods.
was it supposed to be part of some lot's story?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#16743 Old Today at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
attached image was left over in the main Storytelling folder when the other base game pictures were move to their respective neighborhoods.
I understand that the picture is of the Riverside neighbourhood, which was used by Maxis during the development of The Sims 2, and that this picture was taken on the Baxters' lot. I presume that it was an oversight that the picture was left in the final version.

Riverside has been re-created by thy the Riverside Group and shared here on MTS.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#16744 Old Today at 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759

You can see those characters in this video:

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Forum Resident
#16745 Old Today at 4:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
You can see those characters in this video:

"Just about anything you can imagine." Hahahahahahahahaahahaha! I think this guy never met a simmer! We have way freakier imaginations that he thought!
Mad Poster
#16746 Old Today at 4:24 AM
@lordtyger9 - Just the latest hairstyling trend in SimNation.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Page 670 of 670