Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Where to Place PNG files that come with PACKAGE files?
So every tutorial I've read about placing custom content (with the framework) has failed to mention what to do when you have PNG and JPG files that come with your PACKAGE files... do they go in the PACKAGES folder, too? For example, you unpack a third-party SIMS3PACK file and you have PACKAGE files and several PNG or JPG files inside. Where do those PNG files go - with the PACKAGE files, or do I remove them?

Sorry for the newb question - still trying to figure this thing out. Thanks for your help!

~low
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:23 PM
You can just delete them. They're not used by the game at all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:21 PM
Remove it. Its just a picture of your download.

Apparently I got there first Hp, at 2.21.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:28 PM
So even the ones that come in the SIMS3PACK are not used?
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lowprofile
So even the ones that come in the SIMS3PACK are not used?

yes

they are just used to show you a picture of what you downloaded, they have nothing to do with the game.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:56 PM
The PNG files that come with packages or Sims3Packs go in the recycle bin.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 5:54 AM
Got it! Thanks so much for the clarification! I had dumped a lot of those in the Recycle Bin but when I saw them in the SIMS3PACK files I began to be worried that I had ruined my objects! Thought I was gonna have to start over downloading from scratch. TG I don't! lol
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 4:31 AM
My question is - what happens if you forget they are there and install the file with them? I assume nothing - but space on your computer is eaten up? (Another newbie who just finished a 5 1/2 month long CC downloading spree!) Can you say OCD?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 5:14 AM
I will assume nothing except increase your loading time. That is how it works in sim2 anyway. I have tons of pictures in my download folder because I keep one with each upload, so it's personal preference what you do with them. I would not keep bmp pictures though they are huge, I change mine all to jpgs. They are the smallest. One way is to do a search on your Download folder and search by type, bmp, png and jpg.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~