Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 20th May 2024 at 7:23 PM
^ No idea if CH's EP lets you choose the gender, but several mods already let you choose between twins/single baby (and one for triplets/quads).

It's maybe a possibility for some adoption mods (toddler and up is definitely possible, not so sure about babies), but haven't seen any type of mod that allows gender selection for babies in a regular ingame pregnancy. CH's could be an exception, but never seen anyone mention it except here.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th May 2024 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Why am I not seeing THIS: the randomizer in the game is just plain BROKE. There has been lots of discussion about what is broke, but there is no good fix. Um, I DO sort of remember a fix (a mod?); anyone know about that?

The coin flip, which is used for gender selection of babies, is not broken. The randomiser which deals with random numbers of anything other than 2 options, is broken.

It's fixed by randomiser.asi but asi mods can only be used with the RPC launcher (I think?) - it doesn't do anything else, though, unless you choose the options that make it do other things.

I am personally not convinced that the RPC launcher always launches the mods even though it says it does. I have the one that stops them changing their portrait pose every time they change into Everyday clothing, but it doesn't work all the time, sometimes my recolors are free and sometimes they cost $15, and I am not convinced that my random generator is actually random. But it is difficult to test the randomiser, and I always forget to test the others, which ought to be much easier.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th May 2024 at 8:17 PM
I find it hilarious that someone decided to bump a seven-year-old thread just to post inaccurate information.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 20th May 2024 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I find it hilarious that someone decided to bump a seven-year-old thread just to post inaccurate information.

And its a first post. Obvious troll is obvious.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#55 Old 21st May 2024 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaffin1702
I have found that pausing before the pregnancy tune is finished, and pressing shift+ctrl+c, then typing in boolprop itsaboy true, or boolprop itsagirl true, then enter, I seem to have had success.
Are these perhaps extra cheats that are included in Chris Hatch's unofficial EPs? In the normal game, the baby's sex is randomised at the time of birth.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 21st May 2024 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

I had to go look for it; post 46
And looks like there IS STILL interest

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 24th May 2024 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaffin1702
I have found that pausing before the pregnancy tune is finished, and pressing shift+ctrl+c, then typing in boolprop itsaboy true, or boolprop itsagirl true, then enter, I seem to have had success.

OMG Benes for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111 :p
Page 3 of 3